Friday, August 11, 2006

Tattoo Taboo


Most of you probably know that I have a tattoo on my ribcage. My parents, however, are not privy to this information. In fact, you all would have gotten the chance to experience an Irish wake if my parents knew about my tattoo. So here's the dilemma, tomorrow I am going down the shore with my family for the week and only own two-piece bathing suits. I have been pretty sick of recent, and haven't had much time to shop. This afternoon I remembered the seriousness of the situation, and just went out bathing suit shopping. Well, for future reference, NEVER wait until mid-August to go bathing suit shopping. The choices blow, especially when you are already as limited as I am (i.e. must cover my ribcage and still not look like a grandma bathing suit). I joked that I was going to buy a one-piece with the U shaped back and a skirt, but have decided that 23 is about 20 years too soon for such a fashion statement. I did end up buying a bathing suit, it is a two-piece, with the top a little longer than a normal one, it covers the tattoo by mere millimeters, and it is hideous. Seriously, it is the ugliest bathing suit I have ever bought, but my options were severely restricted, and I am leaving tomorrow! So if I do see any of you down the shore, please try and refrain from making fun of my ugly ass bathing suit. Hopefully, I'll have time to get another one when I am down there, and hopefully my parents won't be wondering why I suddenly got so modest in my choice of swimwear...

No comments: