Friday, August 25, 2006

Irresponsible Is So Hot Right Now

Yesterday my roommate, some friends and I decided happy hour would be a good way to celebrate finishing the first two days of the school year and the fact that the morning after pill is now available over the counter (joking). Usually whenever drinking commences at 5, I'm in for a sloppy night. However, other than being unduly rude to one of my friends, from what I remember I was relatively under control - key phrase "from what I remember". I wake up to my roommate handing me her cell phone at 7am with my mom on the other end of it. Apparently I left my cell phone and my roommate left her wallet in the back of the cab. The cab driver was being nice in trying to find the owner and called "home" in my cell phone, waking my parents up in the middle of the night. The cab driver proceeded to tell my mom that we were really drunk. So my mom starts the day thinking her daughter is a lush, then goes to work where she finds out that I missed a meeting earlier in the week with HR for my part time job there and I overdrew from my bank account and am in need of cash immediately... clearly I am extremely responsible as well as a model daughter. The cabbie eventually drove to our building and dropped our stuff off leaving me with the parting words, "You are a beautiful girl. You shouldn't drink so much. You did not look nearly as beautiful last night." Good to know I am not such an attractive drunk - certainly one reason to take it easy on the booze. Tomorrow my mom is taking me to buy a new suit and some things I still need for my apartment (which she has to pay for because I have no money), so I am prepared to be lectured about balancing check books and the dangers of binge drinking allllll day. Sweet.

No comments: