Wednesday, August 23, 2006

China

I’m talking about the plates, not the place. I hate it. (I have not yet been to the place, but I am thinking I wouldn't like it very much either). Seriously if I am ever First Lady I am going to pick Fiestaware as my “china” for the White House. What is the point of eating off of such expensive plates? My mom uses them maybe twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the rest of the time a few of them are on display in the china closet and the rest are stacked away in these expensive little containers designed specifically for people like my mom who never use their damn china. When, well I guess I should say if, I get married, someone please slap me if I start talking about this china mumbo-jumbo. Just give me the $175 a place setting; I can borrow my mom’s china if the Queen ever comes to visit, otherwise the 50 cent Ikea shit’ll do just fine for me.

No comments: