Friday, December 08, 2006

Bringing Sambas Back

I saw this dude wearing Sambas at Starbucks today. (His hair was also significantly over-gelled and he might have had a perm, but that’s a whole other story…) I used to rock those all the time in like 1993. I actually had 2 pairs - not gonna lie, I was pretty cool. My best friend (and she is still my best friend) had Umbros in every color imaginable; she was pretty cool too. That was right before the time that No Doubt was my favorite band and I got drunk for the first time in my life off manichevitz (zero clue how to spell that) in my friend’s basement. I was such a bad ass. I even got kicked out of Math class once for passing notes, which once confiscated my teacher read and in it I called him a creepy molester. He was my high school JV basketball coach later on down the road; I’ve had this bridge-burning thing down for a while. But seriously, I would go back to my Samba wearing days in a heartbeat, well as long as it meant I could trade in my law books for MAD magazines and hiding in the library for hiding my younger brothers’ Garbage Pail Kids cards from them.

No comments: