Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Law School Goggles

My roommate's friend recently accused her of having law school goggles. She could have just as easily been talking to me. Maybe I have "I had a boyfriend for 5 years" goggles too; those in combination with the law school goggles, woah - I am talking the worst kind of tequila/jager/beer goggles ever. Not that all the law dawgs are ugly; there are a handful of good-looking ones. It's more just that most of them are not normal. But then again, since when is being normal all that much fun anyway?

In the last few months, I have met a bunch of law school and non- law school guys, 99.9% of them I immediately discount, and not just based on looks, I swear. For example, a couple of friends introduced me to this one guy - my impression "He's too nice. Poor kid, I'd ruin him". And about another "I have enough personality for three of him." And another "He'd never know what to do with me". Clearly, I am not so normal either.

Some of my friends think there is something wrong with me - that I am way too picky. There is probably some truth to that, in the past year or so I've met a really hot guy, a really smart one, a really rich one, a really funny one, a really athletic one, a really nice one... and so the list goes on, but I haven't met a really great one. A newer friend of mine recently told me that I'd be better off going for what's reasonable but still a good option - he obviously doesn't know me very well. I've had good and I've had reasonable, and I know that's never going to be good enough, not for me. You'll probably see me at the bars this weekend, laughing at some futile attempts to get my number/get me naked, etc... even though I am fairly certain that's not where I am going to find great. But hey, I'm young and with any luck great will find me.

No comments: