Monday, September 11, 2006

Bloody Mess

Nothing ever just goes smoothly for me, ever. I have been interviewing a few times a week for jobs for next summer (yes, it is absurd that we have to interview almost a year in advance). Friday I had an interview with a good firm in the area; definitely one of my top choices. I went out Thursday night (surprise, surprise) and must have cut my toe on something. So on the walk to the train and then to my interview my foot was killing me. I get to the waiting room, take off my shoe, and there is blood everywhere. Of course I have stockings on, actually bled right through them... and then proceeded to get blood all over my hands and on the top of my foot. Luckily, my interview was in the afternoon and they were running a little behind. I had just enough time to run to the bathroom and try and scrub the blood off of my stockings and my hands. Thank god they were running behind - what a great impression I would have made with blood all over my hands. The interview ended up going well despite my throbbing foot. One thing I learned from this experience - a lot of my problems have thier root at bars... almost all actually.

No comments: