Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vagina Jokes

Last weekend I went to Atlantic City with my family to celebrate two of my brothers' birthdays. The weekend was awesome, great food, great shopping, and great stories. One of the funniest things that happened the whole time was at a comedy show. The first comedian to come on was this middle aged woman from Wisconsin. A few minutes into her set, she started making fun of young women who think they are on top of the world. I guess I must have been the first person to catch her eye, so she asked me my name. I told her Meg, and she said "Oh, of course it is something cute like Meg and not Bertha"... I didn't correct her and tell her my real name is Margaret. Anyway, she said "For those of you who can't see Meg, she's beautiful.. with her big perfect eyes and her perfect hair, I bet men buy her cocktails all the time." She started talking about how someday I won't be so beautiful anymore.. that I'll start to look like her. She then asked me if I shop at Victoria's Secret. My face turned bright red because I was sitting at the table with 3 of my brothers and my father. I nodded in the affirmative and she went on to some jokes about knowing their secret. At this point, I was thinking she was finished with me.. then she started talking about bikini waxes. She literally said "Girl's like Meg have perfect little V's, but me, I've got a W... I call it my George W. Bush." I thought lingerie talk was uncomfortable, but it was nowhere near as bad as vagina talk sitting at a table with 3 of my brothers, father, mother and sister-in-law. I tried to pretend like I didn't get the joke; it seemed like no one at my table found the joke particularly funny either. Nothing beats awkward vagina jokes with your family.

No comments: