Tuesday, April 03, 2007

“E-mail is for geeks and pedophiles”

This story was posted once before, but I took it down due to some of its other content - Enjoy!

There is a relatively unknown danger in emailing a girl – she might be like me and make a really bad mistake - one bad enough to scare any guy away from emailing a love interest ever again. There is a classmate of mine who is significantly too short for me, not very attractive, but nice enough. However, he has – no, had - this habit of asking me out and making me feel pretty damn uncomfortable about it. He's given me his phone number a couple times via email, but I have always rather politely declined any invitations to hang out outside of school. I am sitting at my desk at my summer job bored out of my mind and I get an email from him saying, “Fancy seein' you yesterday. We should grab a drink sometime” and then he gives me his phone number (again). Crazy part is I hadn’t seen the guy in months. So I thought it was funny/creepy and proceeded to forward the email to a couple of my friends, each got a good laugh out of it. Then I decide to send it to my cousin, figuring she'd find it funny too. I write a long email calling him a creep, a caveman, making fun of how he doesn't take hints, even quoting parts of my friends emails about him, and hit send. 10 minutes later I realized I replied to his email by mistake. So, I actually sent this kid an incredibly nasty email calling him a creep just because he asked me out for a drink. I do realize that I am going to hell, and if it has a V.I.P. section, there’s a seat saved for me there… Lessons: 1) Don’t send mean emails, but if you do always double check the To: line first. 2) Don’t ask a girl out over email that has already rejected you to your face; she will make fun of you, either to her friends or accidentally to your inbox.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm actually the guy who sent Margaret the email and i think she is a complete asshole. hell is waiting for you Margaret. bad morning!

mmbLegal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mmbLegal said...

See ya there, buddy! I hope your toast is burnt.