Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fools

Since St. Patty's Day, I have been honoring my Irish ancestors most appropriately by frequenting some fine drinking establishments. I was, of course, ever ridiculous. This past weekend some guy with terrible skin and a height problem (translation: was a good 3 inches shorter than me) was buying my roommate and I drinks so we let him stand near us and talk for a few minutes. Then he made some snide remark about me being from Jersey. I responded by requiring that he pump his fist every time he said my name. I wouldn't respond unless his "Meg" corresponded with an over-enthusiastic and likely (for him) embarrassing fist pump. He obliged and looked ridiculous.

It also recently became known that (once upon a time) I might have made out with a guy whose nickname is Slice. And by became known I obviously mean that my roommate told everyone. My friends, of course, have been giving me such a hard time... joking about me getting sliced, etc. At the bar the other day, one of my friends ordered a plate of lemon and orange slices. Then said.. "Meg, it's ok.. sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never slice you." My response was "Wow, I am never drinking orange soda again." So everyone else feel free to make some Slice jokes... I'm hoping the joke will be killed by the end of the week.

No comments: